Have you ever witnessed an asthmatic attack?
And you wonder what has triggered this person?
People keep saying it has no cure, no particular cause, then how can we help an asthmatic patient?
Asthma is a disease that affects the breathing passages of the lungs. This then make breathing tubes blocked. You can also refer to Asthma as *Obstructive Lung disease*
*What can cause Asthma*
The real cause of Asthma is not known.
But overtime, some people are born with the tendency to have it while others are not. Research is on-going on the genes causing Asthma in these group of people.
_Why is it so common in children_
While we were growing, many of us spend more time indoor inhaling indoor allegens such as mold and dust.
*What can cause Asthma attack*
1. Breathing in unclean air such as smoke from cigarette, cooking fire, car fumes, etc.
2. Exposure to allergy-causing Substances such as dust
3. Emotional excitement
4. Reflux of stomach acid
5. Exposure to too much cold and dry weather
*Symptoms of asthma attack*
4. Bluish lips and fingernail
5. Peak flow reading less than 50% of personal best.
*What help can you render to an asthmatic patient under attack*
1. Take the patient to a well ventilated place
2. Give a lot of water to loosen mucus and make breathing easier
3. Get an inhaler for the patient
4. Then you can call for emergency if it persist.
The good news is that you can control *ASTHMA* by simply getting the patient informed about what can trigger its attack.
Pass these to families, friends and every of your contacts. You never know who is in need of it.
*THE UNIQUE INTELLIGENTSIA*